Spineticklers is a series of books that appear in Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down. It has been read by Greg Heffley and other kids at his school. The author of the book is I.M. Spooky, and there has been at least 97 known books in the franchise, despite the fact I.M. Spooky has written almost 200 books. There is a "Junior" series, which is less scary and is intended for little kids, but those books are read by Rowley Jefferson because he is too scared to read the regular/original series. Although, he is still very scared of the "Junior" books, he wrote a letter to I.M. Spooky about how he wanted the latter to make the books way less scary.
It is based on Spine Tinglers by M.T. Coffin.
Known Books In The Series
- 13 - Zombies For Breakfast
- 23 - The Brain With A Mind Of Its Own
- 48 - Wake Me Up In The Year 3000
- 67 - My Dentist Is The Devil
- 71 - Tails, You Lose
- 97 - My Teacher Is A Cannibal
- Unknown Number - Scaredy Cat And The Haunted House
- Spineticklers #48, Wake Me Up In The Year 3000, is a reference to the animated sitcom, Futurama.
- The Spineticklers series appears to be based on M. T. Coffin's Spine Tinglers as well as R. L. Stine's Goosebumps.
- The Spineticklers series has also been accused of promoting witchcraft, just like with the Goosebumps series in real life.
- The sensation Spineticklers created is similar to the sensation Underpants Bandits created.
- The Spineticklers series are the only thing keeping Greg’s reading grade up, at the moment.
- The Author's name of Knee Knockers (an ripoff of Spineticklers) is based on M.T Coffin, the author of Spine Tinglers.