The Slumber Party Pals is a fictional series of books that appear in Hard Luck.
There's at least 100-volumes in the series and Greg has read them all, admitting that while the books are geared towards girls, they're really addictive (claiming that once you read one book series, you have to read them all). Greg discovered the books during silent reading when there was nothing else for him to read. Greg feels that the first thirty or so books were pretty good, but after that they started getting kind of lame, as it Greg feels that the author started running out of ideas.
According to Greg, the plot for each volume in the series is pretty much the same: the two main characters (a girl named Lindsay and an unnamed girl) get into a fight for some ridiculously petty reason, but by the end of the story, the girls patch things up and become friends again.
Greg states reading the Slumber Party Pals series is how he knows all about how friendships work with girls.
- Lindsey - One of the main characters that always gets into fights with her friend.
- Unnamed girl - Lindsey's friend. The two always fight.
- Justin - A competitive boy that the unnamed girl and Lindsey both have a crush on.
There are about 100 volumes of Slumber Party Pals. These are the known editions:
- #3 - Teamwork! - Appears to be about the two girls babysitting or looking after a newborn baby.
- #7 - Boyfriend Trouble - The girls presumably fight over a boyfriend, and Lindsey appears to lose.
- #9 - Best Frenemies - The girls presumably fall out as usual.
- #87 - Lindsey Loses a Mitten - Lindsey probably loses her best mittens and probably accuses her friend of stealing them, leading to another fallout.
- Unknown Volume - The girls fight over purple lip gloss and the unnamed girl accuses Lindsey of stealing it, with Lindsey replying that she only wanted to attract the eyes of Justin at the roller rink. The fight is resolved with the girls hugging it out, Lindsey apologizing for using the lip gloss, and her friend apologizing for kissing Justin, to Lindsey's surprise. As the girls fight over a boyfriend, this book is probably Boyfriend Trouble.