|Online Appearance?||Yes (as Herbie Reamer)|
|Book Appearance?||Yes (unidentified)|
- “I'm gonna rip off your arms, and punch you in the face with your own fists!”
- ―Pete threatening Greg after he damages his truck
Peter "Pete" Hosey is the secondary antagonist of the first book Diary of a Wimpy Kid . he was leader of the teenagers that threw water on Greg and Rowley and is also the main antagonist in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2010 film). He is unidentified in the book and he is not shown in anymore films besides the first film, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He gangs up with Wade and Carter. It is rumored that he is the brother of Chris Hosey. He is the book replacement of Herbie Reamer, from the online version.
Role in Diary of a Wimpy Kid
He first appears when Greg and Rowley are Trick or Treating on Halloween night. After Carter sprays water at them, Greg threatens him and his cronies that he will call the police. Hearing this Pete chases them until they hide in Greg's grandmother's house. Greg and Rowley are able to escape him
Greg and Rowley encounter Pete near the end of the school year, when Pete and his friends find them during recess. Pete forces Rowley to eat the cheese and would've done the same to Greg, luckily Greg lies that he is lactose intolerance, making Rowley the cheese alone.
Also, when Coach Malone shouts at the teens, they run away and escape and are never seen again.
Role in Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid
Pete Hosey and his friends make a brief cameo in the chapter about the time that the teenagers forced Rowley to eat the Cheese.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (First appearance, unidentified)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (film) (Identified as "Pete Hosey")
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (indirectly mentioned, page 210)
- The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary
- Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid Rowley Jefferson's Journal (Flashback)
- Diary of Greg Heffley's Best Friend (Cameo, flashback)
- Unlike all the other antagonists, Greg, nor Rowley, know much about him.
- He is also the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid villain except Rodrick as he is the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid book.
- Chris Hosey may be his little brother in the films.
- In the book, it is unknown which one of the teenagers is him, although it can be assumed that he is the driver.