book, Greg and Rowley needed his advertisement for their newspaper, The Neighborhood Tattler. However, he gave them a small one. Greg got steamed, and wrote how he dislikes Papa Tony's removed grape soda (now Greg has to drink root beer) and how they replaced many non-veg pizzas with veg ones and decreased the limit of taking napkins from as many as you want to only two, as otherwise, Papa Tony will give dirty looks.
- In the book Greg and Rowley, went to Papa Tony's to make a newspaper headlined "Papa Tony's Pizza Stinks!"
- On the side of Greg’s newspaper article, there is a Papa Tony's advertisement, which made Papa Tony angry, as they had put his advertisement next to the article which criticized his restaurant.
- The name is a reference to the real life restaurant, Papa John's.
- It may also be a reference to the real-life Tony's Pizza.
- As mentioned above, his pizza stinks.
- It’s possible that Papa Tony might be from Greece, or at least be of Greek descent, because he has in his restaurant a picture of the Parthenon.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (First and only appearance)