Due to the fact that the talent show combines acts from three schools spanning kindergarten to 12th grade, Larry performs after a kindergartner who sang a song to her teddy bear. Halfway through his guitar solo, Frank Heffley makes a joke about Larry to the man sitting next to him who, unbeknownst to him, is actually Larry's father.
- Though Larry isn't mentioned by name ever again, characters that appear similar to him make cameos in three later books.
- In Dog Days, when Greg and Rowley do a prank with a dollar bill underneath the boardwalk, a teenager who looks like Larry is pranked by them.
- In Double Down, someone who looks like Larry works at a cryogenics facility Greg discusses.
- In The Getaway, a person who appears almost identical to Larry holds up the Heffley family at a security checkpoint because of how long it takes for him to take off all of his piercings.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (online)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (possible cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down (possible cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Getaway (possible cameo)