|Name||Holly Elizabeth Hills|
|Actor||Peyton R. List|
|Online Appearance?||Yes (as Piper Elizabeth Matthews)|
Holly Elizabeth Hills (Piper Elizabeth Matthews in the online version) is served as the love interest in the early books and the younger sister of Heather Hills. Holly is the most popular girl in Greg Heffley's grade, but she is considered to be the 4th-prettiest girl in their grade (the top three prettiest girls are mentioned to all have boyfriends). Holly and Greg possibly became a couple in the film Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days and Greg’s favorite love sight.
Holly's appearance is thought by boys at the Westmore Middle School to be very attractive, according to how Greg describes her.
She is colored black and white, like everybody else in the book. Her notable features include a round, largely sized diamond earring, an ear with an arrow depicted as the insides, she has light colored hair that sits nicely on her shoulders and a skirt that covers her knees. In the movie, she has long, wavy golden-blonde hair, hazel-green eyes and is slightly taller than Greg. She has done professional modeling, therefore she knows how to show herself off.
While Holly barely gets any focus in the books, she is more fleshed out in the movies, where she is revealed to be on a girls' soccer team, has done professional modeling, and used to be her sixth-grade class president (according to Chirag). She is also given a girl-next-door attitude. She is also revealed to have an older sister and a younger sister, similar to Greg's brothers.
It was revealed that she was the only four year old in preschool who wasn't potty-trained, as told by Susan Heffley, as shown in The Last Straw, when Greg and Rowley Jefferson were going to the Roll-A-Round roller rink in Susan's car. She also hasn’t appeared since Hard Luck.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Online (First appearance, as Piper Matthews)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (First book appearance)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (film)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (film)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (Cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (Cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel (Cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck (Cameo)
- The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary
- In the third film, Greg and Holly Hills appear to become a couple, but in the book they aren't.
- In Diary of a Wimpy Kid Online, she is known as Piper Matthews and doesn't go to Greg’s school.
- Despite generally only making cameos (or being mentioned) in the books and only being a major character in The Last Straw, in the movies (like Patty) her role was given far more appearances and screen time to the point of being one of the main characters in Rodrick Rules (even though she is not even shown in this book, just mentioned) and Dog Days (where she is only mentioned once while Greg sees Heather Hills.)
- She and Greg are much closer friends in the movies, while in the books they are distant acquaintances.
- She makes a cameo in The Ugly Truth on page 108, she is seen with some of the girls who bought their eggs back to the school safely and is also shown crying with the girls and Rowley on page 110 after their eggs were thrown in the bin.
- In the Rodrick Rules movie, she mentions that she has a younger sister.
- A girl that looks like Holly appeared in the popularity list on 199th position.
- She appears in Rodrick Rules as the mom in "The Boy Whose Family Thinks He's a Dog."
- When she confuses Greg to Fregley, the books and movies go different ways: it is The Last Straw for the books and Rodrick Rules for the movies, and the books, Greg loses interest in her; in the movies, he is upset, but doesn't lose interest in her, and Holly even apologizes to Greg about the incident.
- After her most important appearance in The Last Straw, many of Greg's classmates look very much similar to Holly only with some minor detail. This may be because Jeffrey Chang once said that to Greg, all girls look the same.
- She possibly makes a cameo in Hard Luck, as Greg when imagining his future, he can be shown with a woman who he is married to and she has the same color of hair as Holly, it is unknown if it was her or not because Greg in The Last Straw says he lost interest in her after she thought he was Fregley.
- In The Third Wheel, she can be seen on Greg's relationship chart showing she likes Bryce Anderson.
- She is considered retired and is unknown if she will make another appearance.
- Jeff Kinney said that he intentionally gave Holly Hills a name that was an alliteration to show how she was a popular student.
For more images, see: Holly Hills/Gallery
Gallery (Online Version)
She also appeared in the online version,but her name was Piper Matthews and she attended St. Peters school and her boyfriend was Ben Fielders, Greg's old best friend. Her sister was Lori Matthews (Online counterpart of Heather Hills) and her hair was also quite different.