|Name||Holly Elizabeth Hills|
13-15 (Dog Days-Present)
|Actor||Peyton Roi List|
|Online Appearance?||Yes (as Piper Elizabeth Matthews)|
- “Her name is Holly Hills. She's an all-star soccer player, has done professional modeling, and was her sixth-grade class president. She moved here from Oregon because her father got a big promotion. They drive a hybrid SUV, live on the north side of town in a cul-de-sac near the park.”
- ―Chirag Gupta in Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (film).
Holly Elizabeth Hills (Piper Elizabeth Matthews in the online version) is served as the love interest in the early books and the younger sister of Heather Hills. Holly is the most popular girl in Greg Heffley's grade, but she is considered to be the 4th-prettiest girl in their grade (the top three prettiest girls are mentioned to all have boyfriends). Holly and Greg possibly became a couple in the movie version of Dog Days. She lives on Pleasant Street.
Holly's appearance is thought by boys at the Westmore Middle School to be very attractive, according to how Greg describes her. She is colored black and white, like everybody else in the book. Her notable features include a round, largely sized diamond earring, an ear with an arrow depicted as the insides, she has light-colored hair that sits nicely on her shoulders and a skirt that covers her knees. In the movie, she has long, wavy golden-blonde hair, creamy pale skin, hazel-green eyes and is slightly taller than Greg. This is normal because girls hit their growth spurt earlier than boys.
While Holly gets no focus in the books and has literally only one line, her character is more fleshed out and developed in the movies, where she is revealed to be on a girls' soccer team, has done professional modeling, and used to be her sixth-grade class president (according to Chirag). She is given a girl-next-door attitude, which means that she is a sweet and caring girl with a heart of gold. She is also revealed to have a mean older sister and a spoiled younger sister, similar to Greg's brothers, which is something they bond over. At the end of the third film, Holly holds Greg's hand after Heather gets her comeuppance, implying that she may like him back.
It was revealed that she was the only four-year-old in preschool who wasn't potty-trained, as told by Susan, as shown in The Last Straw when Greg and Rowley were going to the Roll-A-Round roller rink in Susan's car. She also hasn’t appeared since Hard Luck and did not appear in the Long Haul film adaptation.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Online (First appearance, as Piper Matthews)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (First book appearance)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (film)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (film)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (Cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (Cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel (Cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck (Cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Meltdown (Possible cameo, page 161)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Wrecking Ball (Possible cameo, page 38)
- The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary (Mentioned only by Greg on Page 12. also appears in page 169)
- Poptropica (in Wimpy Boardwalk)
- In the third film, Greg and Holly appear to become a couple, but in the book, they aren't. In fact, Greg fails to impress Holly because her friends took her back to the rink, much to Greg’s annoyance, and she does not have that big of a role anymore, due to Greg stating in the book that he is officially done with girls.
- It is possible that she also dislikes Heather as she does in the movies.
- She is shown to be attracted to Bryce Anderson.
- In Diary of a Wimpy Kid Online, she is known as Piper Matthews and doesn't go to Greg’s school. She attends St. Peters.
- Despite generally only making cameos (or being mentioned) in the books and only being a major character in The Last Straw, in the movies (like Patty) her role was given far more appearances and screen time to the point of being one of the main characters in Rodrick Rules (even though she is not even shown in this book, just mentioned) and Dog Days (where she is only mentioned once while Greg sees Heather Hills.)
- She and Greg are best friends in the movies, while, in the books, they are distant acquaintances.
- She makes a cameo in The Ugly Truth on page 108, where she is seen with some of the girls who bought their eggs back to the school safely and is also shown crying with the girls and Rowley on page 110 after their eggs were thrown in the bin by Nurse Powell.
- In the Rodrick Rules movie, she mentions that she has a younger sister.
- She appears in Rodrick Rules as the mom in "The Boy Whose Family Thinks He's a Dog." This is Greg's first attempt to get a chance to talk to her.
- When she confuses Greg for Fregley, the books and movies go different ways: it is The Last Straw for the books and Rodrick Rules for the movies, and the books, Greg loses interest in her; in the movies, he is upset but doesn't lose interest in her, and Holly even apologizes to Greg about the incident.
- After her most important appearance in The Last Straw, many of Greg's classmates look very much similar to Holly only with some minor detail. This may be because Jeffrey Chang once said that to Greg, all girls look the same.
- She possibly makes a cameo in Hard Luck, as when Greg is imagining his future, he can be seen with a woman who looks a lot like Holly It is unknown whether or not it was her because, in The Last Straw, Greg says he lost interest in her after she thought he was Fregley.
- In The Third Wheel, she can be seen on Greg's relationship chart showing she likes Bryce Anderson.
- She is considered retired and it is unknown if she will make another appearance.
- Jeff Kinney said that he intentionally gave Holly Hills a name that was an alliteration to show how she was a popular student.
- Despite playing a major role in The Last Straw, she only has one spoken line ("Isn't your name Fregley?").
- In the Online version, Chirag Gupta states that she is from Oregon.
For more images, see: Holly Hills/Gallery
Gallery (Online Version)
She also appeared in the online version, but her name was Piper Matthews and she attended St. Peters school and her boyfriend was Ben Fielders, Greg's old best friend. Her sister was Lori Matthews (Online counterpart of Heather Hills) and her hair was also quite different.