Hero Points were a short-lived system in Greg's school which appeared in Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck. If a student was seen being kind to someone else, they would be awarded with one, and they could be used for prizes such as extra recess, and the class with the most would get a day-off before summer break (in June).
They were printed in sheets and were separated from each other. Shortly after introduction, Erick Glick got one of the sheets, photocopied them, and sold them for a quarter at recess. Soon after, the teachers was suspicious that some of the worst kids started turning in and getting many Hero Points for extra recess, so the school invalidated the white ones and started printing them on green and soon started changing the colors frequently for a while, but photocopies of these were also made.
Eventually, the school got tired of this practice and made a rule that only five or less Hero Points can be redeemed at once. Any children who received more than that were given detention because it could be counterfeit. After the janitor found out the secret base where photo-copies were made, the school shut the Hero Points system down.
- Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck (First and only appearance)
- This system is similar to Mom Bucks in Rodrick Rules.
- It is unknown how Erick Glick got the green paper, since an unused Science room was used as a base and children could be seen working with chemicals, so they must have colored them.
- This is the only time the Westmore Middle School bee mascot has appeared in the books.
- You can print them in this site: https://www.wimpykidclub.co.uk/wp-content/themes/wimpy-default/_inc/pdf/sleepover/Wimpy-Kid-Double-Down-Sleepover-Kit.pdf.