This page introduces the basics for getting started on editing on the Wimpy Kid Wiki and a walkthrough of the Wiki's editor.
Step by Step Anyone can edit this wiki even without registeration in, but registering is recommended as it allows a little more benefits.
- To edit a page, simply click the button which says Edit
- Once you click the edit button, the Wikia Editor will load allowing you to make changes to the page, including adding or removing text, photos, video, to add you must learn the features.
- Visual Mode: This mode is generally the default and allows you to make edits that will appear exactly as they will on the published page.
- Source Mode: This mode allows you to edit the page using wikitext,this can be a little hard for newbies so if you are new then you must use Visual Mode.
- Edit Area: This is the main content area where you can add text, media and adjust the format of the page.
- Toolbar: The toolbar allows you to format text, making it different sizes and styles. You can expand and condense the toolbar to view more or less tools.
- Feature Modules: The right pane also includes modules that allow you to add features and media such as photos, slideshow, videos and tables. You can access templates to use on the page and add categories. The preview and publish buttons are found at the top of this area.
Basic Editing Tips
- Once the edit is opened, you can use the toolbar, features modules and free form edit area to add or adjust to the page content.
- To see how your page will appear once it's published, click on the preview button. This will pop up a window that shows the page as it is currently designed.
- If you like your preview, hit publish and your edits will be live.
- If you don't like your preview, you can keep editing until it appears as you would like it to.
- To let others know what you added, fill in a summary above the publish button.