This is the page for requesting for Content Moderation on the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wiki.
Rules & Regulations
- Users requesting Content Moderattion must be registered. They cannot be IPs.
- Only self-nominations are allowed. If you think that another member would make a good Content Mod, you can convince them to nominate themselves. You cannot, however, make a nomination on behalf of another user.
- After sufficient time has passed to allow all users who wish to express an opinion the chance to do so, a decision will be made based on community consensus as to whether or not the request will succeed. Once a decision has been made, the discussion will be archived and moved to an appropriate subpage.
- Selections of Content Moderators are not a simple vote count, or majority opinion. Users who wish to be promoted should demonstrate a steady commitment to this wiki, and be able to point to reasons that the sysop tools would allow them to do better editing and make this wiki a better place.
- When supporting or opposing a candidate, give good reasons. Comments that describe in detail why the candidate should(n't) become a sysop carry far more weight than simple support/oppose. Also, support comments that reference only edit count carry almost no weight in the selection process.
- If a user has been blocked for any reason (except for an IP auto-block or wrong button click), or has a history of vandalism, spam, or trolling, (s)he must wait a period of at least 2 months from the expiry of his/her ban before (s)he may be even considered for Content Moderation and be prepared to answer questions about his/her ban or history and how (s)he has changed. Even after considering this, however, it is still very unlikely that such a person would be granted Content Moderation powers.
- For users that have had previous unsuccessful RfCMs and are planning to open a new one, consider the reasons that the previous nominations failed. Has anything changed about you that would make a new nomination successful?
- Users must have at least 300 becoming an Content Moderator (some older Content Moderators may have less edits as this rule went into effect on April 26, 2021)
- Users must have been on this wiki for at least 3 weeks and have gotten the badge "Diary Twins" (make at least 1 edit each day for 5 days without missing a day). This rule went into effect on August 13th, 2016, so some older admins might not have gotten that badge.
- Users must be able to fix vandalism and give warnings or blocks to vandals.
- Users must be able to patrol pages.
- Users must be able to know how to use the tool 'rollback'.
- Users must be able to move files if needed and even protected files.
- Users must be able to protect pages that need to be protected and unprotected ones that no longer need to.
- Users must be able to delete and undelete pages and files if needed.
How to Make a Request
Go to the moderator request section of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wiki and type your username in the page creation bar to create a new request. An entry form will then load, which you will fill out accordingly.
Alternately, you may add a new request directly below: