Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into administrators or bureaucrats on their own wiki, or remove the "administrator" rank from a user.
Who are this wiki's administrators? Edit
|Jonny Mole||Wesley246||Timson||A guy who goes to school|
|Planty||Headbasher4||Me be a batshipper97||Casecr||Spiky Eared Pichu (adopter)|
|Rainbow Dash1||Miles854||Shawn and Buses||TheGreatEngine|
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat.
For a complete list of users with administrator access, click here. To be active, an admin must have edited frequently within the past month.
Inactive Staff Edit
These are administrators who haven't checked in on the wiki or edited frequently for about a month or more. Five of these individuals are globally active on other wikis (Zooper1, Timson622222, PlantyThePottedPlant,Master ventus, and Giant Bubbles) but have become inactive due to business or lack of interest.This list has been arranged according to the date of the latest edit on this wiki by the user.
- Giant Bubbles (talk•blog•contributions•logs) (bureaucrat,administrator)
- Zooper1 (founder)
- Yoshi the Railfanner (talk•blog•contributions•logs) (administrator)
- King of video games 9
- Pichu (talk•blog•contributions•logs) (bureaucrat, Admin)
- Timson622222 (talk•blog•contributions•logs) (bureaucrat)
- I'm not wearing hockey pads (talk•blog•contributions•logs) (bureaucrat)
- Master ventus (talk•blog•logs•contributions (bureaucrat)
- Wesley246 (talk•blog•contributions•logs) (bureaucrat)
- ArchieAndrewfan3001 (talk•blog•contributions•logs)
These are users that are either chat or thread moderators on Diary of a Wimpy Kid chat or on forum threads, but do not have any other special privileges.
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See the administrators how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator Edit
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikias, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wiki:Requests for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator, please contact the community staff on the Central Wikia.
What should administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be use to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Idealy an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Blocked or Globally disabled by WikiaEdit
These are admins who were blocked or globally disabled by Wikia.