- "Yeah. Kind of. I'm meeting with the best guitarist in Plainview. Now he's in between bands, and if I can get him into Löded Diper, then winning the talent show is a lock. I mean, you'd like him, Dad. He's a real professional, like you."
- Rodrick talking about Bill
|Age||37-38 (32 in the online book)|
In high school, Bill was voted "Most Likely To Be a Rock Star", which was the reason Rodrick invited him to be in his band. He does not have a job and still lives with his parents, despite being thirty-five years old during the events of Rodrick Rules.
Greg Heffley thinks that his dad's worst fear is that Rodrick will see him as some kind of role model and want to follow in his footsteps, so whenever he sees Bill, it puts him in a bad mood for the rest of the day.
While on the way to the mall one Saturday, Greg and Frank Heffley run into Bill, who is coming to their house for band practice. He greets Frank. When Rodrick throws a party at his house, he calls and invites Bill, who attends the party.
Greg also says that the year before, Rodrick's science fair project was "Does Watching Violent Movies Make People Think Violent Thoughts?", which was just excuse for Rodrick, Bill, and his other friends to watch horror movies on school nights.
Bill goes to the Winter Talent Show in the Löded Diper van with Frank, as Rodrick and Susan Heffley had left earlier in the family minivan. He takes the stage with the rest of the band when it is their turn to play. During the performance, Bill flicks his tongue up and down like a rock star, leading Susan, who is recording them, to express her dislike of the act. Afterward, Bill goes to Rodrick's house to watch Susan's videotape of their performance and returns the following night to watch the school's video of it.
Greg mentions that Bill met Rodrick when he asked him for a potato chip as he was camping overnight for concert tickets.
The Ugly Truth
To be added
Diary of a Wimpy Kid (film)
Bill has a cameo in the end credits.
Rodrick Rules (film)
He is the main antagonist of the movie. His character is notably different. He joins the band and invites himself to a dinner at the Heffleys' house. He tells Rodrick and Greg that being a major rock star is a little tough, but then tells them that the life of a rock star is awesome by making note of the female fans and parties. When Rodrick is grounded from playing at the talent show, Rodrick says that he just got Bill in, and Frank Heffley says "That doesn't really improve your case. Bill is kind of a jerk." This proved to be true when Bill replaced Rodrick with another drummer and planned to perform without him, despite Rodrick being the one that started the band. During a guitar solo, Rodrick kicks Bill out of the band.
To be added
Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid
Bill is pictured when Rowley talks about Löded Diper.
- In the online book, Bill drives the Löded Diper van instead of Rodrick, who owns an El Camino style pickup truck.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (online)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (cameo)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (film) (cameo in credits)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (film)
- Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson's Journal (cameo)