Ben Fielders is a character who appeared only in the online book, and he was Greg's best friend until he moved away to Piscataway. He is an antagonist. He returns and even tells Greg about an embarrassing thing that happened to Piper Matthews, but it turned out to be a lie, and he just said them to get Greg away from her, because she is shown as his girlfriend, so in revenge, Greg gets him in trouble by saying something bad that he and Ben did together at the church.
He also had a comedy team with Greg in fifth grade and many kids liked their comedy team.
He and Greg also had sleepovers, but Manny ruined all of them.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Online (First and only appearance)
- His last name is Fielders as Greg mentioned him as Ben Fielder to Father Shea.
- It's unknown how Piper became his girlfriend, it's possible he impressed her with his jokes.
- He betrayed Greg to be with Piper Matthews, hence going from being Greg's best friend to his worst enemy.
- Although Greg admitted to the reader that Ben didn't really commit the act, Ben probably got in trouble after Greg said the thing about the curse word at the church confession.
- A lot of his personal traits (like being comical) and events involving him (such as sleepovers being ruined) were giving to Rowley in the books such as Holly preferring Rowley over Greg.